Second graders actively work on growing more independent as they create projects in social studies and science. Math becomes more challenging at this level and includes many hands-on activities. As always, the center of learning in second grade is Jesus. His teachings are woven through every subject and even extends to discipline.
- Learning about the sacraments.
- Spelling tests and weekly assessments.
- Addition and subtraction facts to the number 18.
- Patterns and numbers to 100.
- Science focuses on observations of the sky and living organisms and animals.
- Citizenship, government and national holidays