Most volunteer opportunities are managed through SignUpGenius. If you are new to this service, here's a brief overview:
For all-school events, an email will go out to all SFCS families with a link to the SignUpGenius webpage where parents can volunteer for the event.
In addition, events communicated via the SFCS bulletin and the announcement section will contain direct links to the sign-up page.
Your first time on SignUpGenius, you will need to set up an account. Click here for instructions.
Once you sign-up for a particular event, you will receive an email confirmation. And closer to the event date, you will get reminders and updates.
To review what you have signed up for, simply sign in to your account and you will find a summary of all your commitments.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How do I sign up to volunteer?
Most events will be listed on "SignUpGenius". Log in to their website and sign up as your schedule permits: https://www.signupgenius.com/register
2. What do I do after I have volunteered?
At the event you work, you must (1)sign in with the person in charge and (2) report the hours you worked on Gradelink (see above).
3. How do I report my hours worked?
Please report all hours on Gradelink (see above),via the website or app.
4. What if my volunteer time was not on Sign Up Genius?
If this is the case, please sign into Gradelink and manually submit your hours (see steps above).
5. What about credit for PTO General Meetings and Back-to-School Night?
After the meeting, log into Gradelink and manually submit your hour (see steps above). *** Only one hour of credit is given per family.***
6. What if I have Parish (church) volunteer hours to report?
Each family can use up to 15 hours of Parish service to count toward the 30 hour total volunteer commitment for the school year. Hours must be volunteered from August 1 through May 31 of the current school year.
7. What do I type in the Supervisor Drop Down Menu?
Please type in the category your hours belong to. The category will be posted in the Sign Up Genius post. The categories will be School or Parish only.
8. What if I volunteer more then the required thirty hours?
All hours a family can volunteer are greatly appreciated. Please continue to report all hours worked, even if you completed the thirty hours.
9. When is the deadline for me to complete my volunteer hours, to avoid being billed?
The required thirty hours must be completed and reported by May 31st of the current school year.
10. I signed in with the person in charge of the event, do I still need to go to Gradelink and report the hours?
YES, in order for your hours to be counted, you must (1) sign in with the person in charge and (2) report the hours through your Family Gradelink Account.